An Ending Note
I must admit that finishing the last component of my bachelors from my room in Austria certainly did not provide the expected euphoria. But here I am at the end of my 4-year long roller coaster ride bachelor study.
If you read my first column, you must have received a gist of why I describe my journey as quite a roller coaster ride. A few thoughts to share from this journey:
- You CAN make it! As one of our professors told us in our first year: “ Believe in yourself!”
- You are not your peer. As someone famously said “Comparison is the thief of all joy”, so why do that to yourself?
- Having unique interests is not looked down upon. In fact, if you are bold enough to strive towards your “abnormal” dream today, you are more likely to stand out tomorrow.
- You do not HAVE to finish your bachelors in 3 years. 3 years is the ideal case (also from a financial point of view) but make sure to not forget to gather experiences, memories, failures, successes, extracurriculars and many more on the way. And if that means you need more than 3 years, take it.
- Enjoy your time and make good friends! Trust me it goes by at an eyeblink.
A big thank you to everyone who has supported me in the past four years. Be it by reading my columns, by listening to my outpours, by eating dinner with me, by teaching me – literally every small act of kindness and love has brought me to this end. A big shout out to my family and thanking God as well! Time to move on to the next endeavour.
Cheers everyone! Take care.